Re: Mirror image (fwd)

From: Who me? (vignes@plato.rtl.selu.edu)
Date: 11/03/95

Ok I have not coed this spell but will all the discussion thought I
would add my 2 cents.

On Thu, 2 Nov 1995, Erik wrote:

> > Or, somewhere inside struct char_data *ch, add unsigned byte image_number.
> > Make the spell a MAG_MANUAL | MAG_AFFECTS.
> > In fight.c, when checking for a hit, do:
> > 	if (dice(1, image_number) != 1) {
> > 		act("blahblahblah' ... TO_CHAR);
> > 		act("Blablahbalbh"... TO_ROOM);
> > 		image_number = MAX(1, image_number - 1);
> > 	}
> > heck, you don't even need an AFFECT flag... just check if image_number > 1,
> > and if it is... you're imaged... this sure beats the way I imp'ed it...
> > in which mirror-image is just the mage's version of a parry.
> >

>   Except, on Sojourn, we try not to redo pfiles. When you have 2000+,
> even one extra byte really starts to add up :)

I think the first message is a pretty easy solution.
First the image_number does not need to be added to the pfile, just add
it in as a memory variable in the char_data in structs.h.  This way you
only have 1 extra byte loaded for every player.

If you want players to be able to look at images, you will have to do a
bit more.  Otherwise it is pretty simple.

Darksword
Cities of Glory
bucket.ualr.edu 4000