Re: srcseek

From: Ryan Watkins (vamp@dimensionx.com)
Date: 11/17/95

midnight@agis.ag.net writes:

> actually I have been on one server that does not accept wildcards in
> this fashion soo basicly your stuck with the Long method mentioned
> in a previous mail

The expansion of the * is a function of the shell, not the "server".
Compile a reasonable shell that can deal with "*.c *.h" and your back
in business.  If cant get that or a reasonable grep, I'd hazard to
guess you cant compile circle on it either.

> On Thu, 16 Nov 1995, Angus A. Mezick wrote:
>
> > how about this:
> > grep <string> *.h *.c
> >
> > it really does work...
> > and if you want line numbers :
> > grep -n ...

and back to our regularly scheduled non-circle discussion .....

--
Ryan L. Watkins       email: vamp@dimensionx.com
HTML Hacker             url: http://www.dimensionx.com/vamp/vamp.html