Re: Also

From: ShadowLord (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 11/18/95

On Sat, 18 Nov 1995, Ben Leibig wrote:

> How to i disable the donate and junk commands.  I dont wanna have a
> Donation room and i only want things to be removed from game if they are
> dropped in the dump.  One thing i WOULD like tho is if idams that are
> lost to overrenting and DTS are popped into the room.  but disabling the
> donation and junk rooms are most importent.

The real quick solution would be to comment out or delete the appropriate
lines in the command_info structure in interpreter.c, thus, "donate" and
"junk" would just return, "Huh?".  This also leaves the possability of
reimplementing the commands if you decide to.

As for moving equip from DTs, when they hit a death trap (somewhere in
act.movement.c):

--- SNIP ---
  if (IS_SET(ROOM_FLAGS(ch->in_room), ROOM_DEATH) && GET_LEVEL(ch) < LVL_IMMORT)  {
    log_death_trap(ch);
    char_from_room(ch);
    char_to_room(ch, real_room(virtual_number_of_DT_eq_room));
    death_cry(ch);
    extract_char(ch);
    return 0;
  }
--- DONE ---

What this would do (unless some weird arises, but that shouldn't cause
any problems) would be to:

(a) move the character from the dt to a room where the equipment
    would be left.

(b) calls death_cry(ch), the problem here is that the death cry would
    not be sent to people around the death trap, but actually those
    around the DT equipment room, a way to change this is manually do
    the death_cry code inside the "if", otherwise, you're probably in
    for some (rightfully) pissed off mortals.  (I won't spend the time
    to show you how to cut and paste code and reorganize code, etc.,
    you should already knowhow, I'd hope).

(c) extract the character.  They would then repappear in the Temple
    of Midgaard after pressing "1" on the menu -- meaning, of course,
    they'd have to return to the DT eq room and get their equipment
    (hopefully before someone else does).

Of course, in config.c you need to set the dts_are_dumps to NO, so it
won't junk the equipment before it's moved (unlikely) and it won't spend
any time with a function to extract_obj everything in the room (none).

This won't be difficult to apply to the over-renting thing, of course, I
think all the equipment is donated for over-renting, thus, it'd just take
a bit of code removal and adding.  Nothing too difficult, I hope.

-=
Daniel Koepke <dkoepke@california.com>