Re: Event Driven Server (fwd)

From: Chris Herringshaw (xxviper@umich.edu)
Date: 11/19/95

On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, John T. Cox wrote:

> Let me check and see how much information I can divulge.
>        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
> John T. Cox - Supervisor             | jtcox001@homer.louisville.edu
>               IT, Resource Centers   | jtcox001@starbase.spd.louisville.edu

Yeah, whatever.

If they decide that their event system is too "secretive" that they can't
bear to share the ideas behind it, just send me an email.  I'll be happy
to discuss and tell you about several versions of event systems used
in MUD's today, including the ones I've done.  There's nothing really
top secret about them, just modifications to the basic theory to
optimize it for the situation it is used in.

---
Christopher Herringshaw       | University of Michigan Medical Center
Special Projects Development  | 1500 East Medical Center Dr. B1-240TC
xxviper@umich.edu             |        Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109-0704
http://www.umich.edu/~xxviper |                  +0101 (313) 747-2778