Re: Circle: Re: CRYPT

From: Eric T. Benoit (tiffani@virek.worcester.com)
Date: 05/04/95

On Sat, 22 Apr 1995, Naved A Surve wrote:

> In message <Pine.3.89.9504221203.A1251-0100000@concrete.resnet.upenn.edu>  you said:
>
> > > There is no reason whatsoever any sysadmin would ever need to know
> > > passwords of his users.  Keeping passwords in plaintext is nothing but
> > > a recipie for disaster.
> >
> > i disagree, and who said anything about plaintext or storage? they're
>
> Please give an example of when a sysadmin would need to know the password of
> a user.

Yesplease do as I am interested in knowing this as well, I happen to
agree with Jeremy on this one, there is _NO_ reason that I can think of
off the top of head that a sysadmin would _NEED_ to know his users
passwords. Sorry Sean, but I think he is right on this one...

tiffani@virek.worcester.com       | "The same thing we do every night....
muse@virek.worcester.com          |     Try to take over the world..."
circle@virek.worcester.com        |                      -Illuminati-
http://www.worcester.com/~tiffani |
"Engage"
               - Captain Jean-Luc Picard , "Star Trek the Next Generation" -