Re: Teleport rooms (fwd)

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 11/21/95

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995, Billy H. Chan (~{3B:FH;~}) wrote:

> OBCoding: On Reincarnation, do you think a player should be reincarnated
> to level 1, but allowed to keep his/her/its equipment?  It's something
> they've worked hard on getting, so it seems fair to allow them to keep
> them, yet, wouldn't it make levling much easier if they did keep their
> equip?  (No, didn't implement EQ-levels, and not about to... we've all
> heard them stories about the young squire picking up a holy/magical
> sword and kicking major butt...;)

IMHO if you're reincarnating high-level mortals it's best to just let
them keep the eq.  If you code a junk function to the reincarnation,
mortals will quickly learn to stash the eq or give it to a friend shortly
before reincarnating.  Sure they'll level faster, but you could look at
that as a bonus for accomplishing all they have.

If you're reincarnating imms who had the chance to get all the eq they
wanted with nohit and goto, well, good luck there :)

Sam