Re: Update on iedit/redit

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 11/21/95

On Tue, 21 Nov 1995 mudad@alpha.coresco.com wrote:

> Just posting you a note saying Thank you. Unlike some, I had read
> the README file and tested it on a temp system, but had not gotten around
> to fixing it to work on my mud. I really do apreciate your effort and the
> hassle you've had to put up with. Thanks for the update - and a upload of
> yout medit would be nice even if (gasp, you mean we should do some work
> ourselves.) WE had to cut out your muds specific code.

My version of olc has been distributed past the point where I can give
individual support, so I've decided to just bite the bullet and make it
available to whoever wants it.  It's still a little buggy and the code is
very big and very ugly, but it's been doing a good job on my mud and
several others (doing very poorly on one mud I know of).  The code is
designed around patch 7, but has been installed in at least one patch 8 mud.

Features:

* Zone-based security
* Object, mob, and Room creation and editing
* Lots of online help
* Builder's FAQ included covering common object/room questions (mobs soon)
* Fairly easy installation
* Plenty of reserved flags so you can add your mud-specific flags

The zone editor is partially complete and I may finish it in a few days,
but I don't plan on releasing it for a while since I expect it to be
buggy.  Look for it in a couple of weeks or more.

ftp.clark.net/pub/samedi/obuild.tar.gz

Don't forget to read the readme.

Sam