Re: RCS & CVS

From: Mark Coletti (mcoletti@clark.net)
Date: 11/22/95

Billy H. Chan pounded furiously on the keyboard:

> you add any code that is not your own.  Code safely, use a ... RCS
> (comes with linux and suns, at least).

	You might also want to look into CVS.  It is similar to RCS
(and actually uses RCS to track the main repository), but allows
parallel development.  Additionally, one can splice in scripts that
are invoked whenever new code is checked in; I have one such script
that mails all the change descriptions to everyone on a project I'm
currently working on.

	CVS version 1.6 is available at prep.ai.mit.edu.

> -Billy H. Chan	~{3B:FH;~}		    <bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu>
>  MechWarrior II Addict		Red Planet Veteran (Blocker)
>  "Argh! My 'O' key is broken!!" - famous last words
>  "If you're going under 100kph, you might as well stand still"  - Strom

Type atcha later!

Mark!
--
Mark Coletti                       |  DBA Systems, Inc.  Fairfax, VA
mcoletti@clark.net                 |  United States Geological Survey