Re: Zone limits

From: Pink Floyd (floyd@south.mit.edu)
Date: 11/24/95

   >    There is a big comment saying not to change the variables as it will
   >    ruin the player file. It also defines a lot of extra variables that
   >    coders can use to add new player information to the player file)
   >    If the only problem is that it will change the size of the structure
   >    saved to the player file then I would like to just delete my player file
   >    , change room_num to a signed int, and then recompile. (I can nuke
   >    my player file because I am just running Circle on my own personal
   >    computer. No player base to worry about) Would this work?
   >
   > Sure, go ahead.  I also am still in development and have no players (no world
   > for that matter, either).  I've changed structs.h severely and deleted the
   > player file plenty of times.  One thing to keep in mind, though, for certain
   > things you add (or remove) you'll have to modify other files, like db.c and
   > utils.h.  Make sure to grep for all occurrences of what yer changin.

   There's one small problem I see with changing room variables to unsigned
   is that right now NOWHERE is -1.  Make sure you remember to change this
   (to, say, 65536) when you cgange to unsigned.

Great, except he said he wanted to change it to signed int (as opposed to
signed short int)...  I was just telling him its OK to change anything
in structs.h, as long as you're prepared to change everything that was
dependent on it (including a possible pfile wipe).