Re: a little note on ^Ms

From: Graham Gilmore (gilmore@gmgate.vircom.com)
Date: 11/25/95

On Fri, 24 Nov 1995, Brain E. Mouse wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Nov 1995 myers@indy.net wrote:
>

> > It seems more worthwhile to filter each string before it is written.
> >

>  Yes, exactly. Why is it that you guys are finding it so hard to do this?

	Wouldn't running an extra procedure on every string output by the mud
slow it down somewhat?  Now, I know that hacking is the convenient
solution we all use.. but it does have costs in relation to dealing with
the problem at the source.

	(We ARE talking about strings output by the mud?  I hope I'm not
completely off base here.. . <grin>)

	Graham Gilmore