Re: Oh man is this a bad one...

From: Michael Buselli (mhbusell@midway.uchicago.edu)
Date: 05/09/96

On Thu, 9 May 1996, Hades wrote:

> well, free()ing ch should kill all memory of it, right? 5 mins later if I
> check a pointer I set to the ch before I freed it, it still had the mobs
> stats. It doesnt seem to be getting free'd. That's my main problem.

     Your main problem is that you aren't understanding what Jeremy and I
just said in previous messages.  I find it pointless to try to continue
to explain this because I do not know how to say it in simpler terms than
Jeremy outlined for you.  Read some books on the subject and take some
time to think about it.  In the mean time, don't worry about it because
it doesn't matter.  Just assume that it's freed, because for your
purposes it is.  The fact that the mob stats are still in memory is
irrelevant.  Keep in mind that this is not suprising behavior to those of
us that know what's going on.

--
Michael Buselli
m-buselli@uchicago.edu