Re: CODE: Skill/Spell Database

From: Billy H. Chan (bhchan@po.EECS.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: 06/26/96

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, ????? wrote:

> Has anyone made or tried to make a skills/spells database that is read from
> a file like zones and worlds.  If so could you please share what you went
> through to implement this.  Any suggestions on how to go about doing this
> would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx.

Sorta Yes.  I'll go through the general psuedocode that I'm using for
Lostlands1.5.1 in getting my guilds (err. classes) to load from file.
That'll load the 'level someone gets a skill/spell' part of skills and
spells.  (the rest, I still compile in).

All you ahve to do is set up a class file for each class (0.gld = 1st class
(normally mage)). In which you have:
	S <skill num> <level>
THen, you parse that file like a wld/obj file (actually, more like a zon
file), going line by line until you hit a $.
For each line, send the info to
	spell_level(spell_num, guild_num, level)
-- Billy  H. Chan     bhchan@po.eecs.berkeley.edu  bhchan@csua.berkeley.edu
   CogSci/CompSci     http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~bhchan     ResumeInside