Re: MultiClass -Quad-

From: Ground Zero Enterprises (zero@baker.cnw.com)
Date: 07/10/96

I added one more class to my mud (Bard) and then completely transfered it
over to Five Multiclass.  Although it still has some inconsitencies in
it so it would compile i changed GET_CLASS to return your prime
class and GET_LEVEL to return the level of your prime class I have slowly
been converting everything to make sense.  If you are srious about doing
this realize it takes a LOT of changes to many of the basic systems of
stock circle to keep everything balanced. To give the basic format of
what i did to get all of that stuff this is what i did:

in structs.h:

byte level;
byte class;

changed to:

int level[NUM_CLASSES];
int class[NUM_CLASSES];

Then so I could have the most freedom getting information about classes
and levels, the array of levels corresponds to the classes (i.e. level[0]
is level of class mage, level[1] is cleric etc..) and class corresponds
to primes (i.e. class[0] is the prime class, class[1] is the secondary
etc..).  Then i so i wouldnt have to chahnge everything automatically i
used these macros:

GET_CLASSX(ch, prime)  ((ch)->player.class[(prime)]) <- returns whatever
class is in 'prime' slot

GET_CLASS(ch)   GET_CLASSX(ch, 0) <- returns prime class

GET_LEVELX(ch, class)  ((ch)->player.level[(class)]) <- returns level of
'class' this can be used to get the level of a class by type
(CLASS_MAGIC_USER) or by prime (GET_CLASSX(ch, 2) to get the level of
their tertiary class)

GET_LEVEL(ch)   GET_LEVELX(ch, GET_CLASS(ch))  <- return level of prime
class, just to keep all previous GET_LEVEL macros in line untill they can
be corrected be balanced and logical

This has worked out very well for me.  Although it still has work to b
done on it (for example, when casting spells, if you are a warrior prime,
it will use your warriopr level for spell effects).  I also had to redo
the whole guild system and experience.  I am still in the process of
changing the practicing system.

Any way thats enough spamming of the list for me,
Chris