Re: Compiling Under MSVC++ 1.0

From: Argus (argus@argy.com)
Date: 07/15/96

> It will be a few weeks before I can get MSVC++ Version 4.0 to compile
> the code under Windows 95/NT but in the mean time I'm trying to build
> under Version 1.0.  It doesn't compile because it doesn't support the
> long file names.
>
> How much of an effort would it take to rename all the files and
> references so they are all in the 8.3 naming system so it will
> compile...*and* if I do rename them all, *will it compile at all*?

actually you don't have to rename all the references in any of the
files.. only in Makefile (just renames the files the rename the refs
and you should be good to go) (that is if you haven't added anything
odd that looks for a directory name that is long, I think all te
directory names were kept short for OS/2 and multi-platform users)

P.S. I haven't tried this myself, just a footnote
-Peace
Argus

http://www.argy.com
telnet: eclipse.argy.com 7777