Re: OLC

From: Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira (eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx)
Date: 07/23/96

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Max wrote:

> the buggiest is oasisOLC medit.. mud crashes when u create new mob
> and answer yes to save confirmation. no reports why aint logged to
> syslogs...

Strange... I have never found this one, and we must have edited a few
hundred mobs with Oasis...

> secondary is sometimes he cant create new zone, like first, mud
> crashes, no logs...

Also, no idea about this one, something like 30 zones or so created with
it (I have 5 full time builders always on)

> third is that somehow(maybe then when other immortal saves room info
> for other zone) oasisOLC CREATES exits! always they point to room 0,
> into void.

I have seen this one, but onle when you create an exit that points
nowhere or when you take out the room/zone where it pointed to from the
mud/index

By the way, I do think that sedit (shops edition) is crappy, maybe there
is something I am missing (the documents sure incomplete in this part)
but for the life of me I cannot find a way for the shops to become
active, I have to remake them manually and only then will them work,
anyone has figured some kind of docs for sedit?

(BTW, this could be a bug here in my installation)

Also, on topic, has anyone made any addition to OasisOLC to add weapon
spells, object affections or mobprogs (creating these, not only saving
them)? The first two would require lists and menus, the third one could
be just a small editor part (could also have menues, but noone would make
it anyway..:)

Greets

Myth

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
                                CIATEQ, A.C.
 Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
                     http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/