Re: act.informative.c

From: Clepto (clepto@oemsunix.onysd.wednet.edu)
Date: 07/24/96

On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jul 1996, Adam Days wrote:
>

> > I just wanted to say I got it working thanks to everyone who helped me
> > out.  I especially want to thank grimlockk@bbs.mpi-net.com, Christopher
> > Dickey, Barid Bel Medar (icarus@berkshire.net), and Eric Helvey.  THANKS
> > !!!
>
> What would be the best way to implement this? I made a new relationship
> (meter.o, meter.c) and just added thelines to acti.informative.c, but now
> I got nothing in the score but the bars (all the other information has
> dissapeared) and one of the bars,

my best guess is that you are clearing (buf) or (buf2) prematurely.

if you are adding it in the same place that we did, youd want to put a

send_to_char(buf, ch);

directly above the calls to the meter.c this way youll get all the info
that is suppose to appear in the score above your bars.

> movement, repeats itself (I got two
> movement bars one over the other). How do you guys implement this?
for this situation the first sprintf(buf, "blah blah") after you call
meter_bar function my guess is that you are doing this
sprintf(buf,"%s blah blah",buf) you need to take that first buf that is
refrenced by your first %s or you end up printing the the movement bar
2x's as it was the last thing in the buf

as to the rest of it not making it into the screen, my guess is that you
are not either calling the buf as you are after the meter_bar for
movement, if thats not the case then i am unsure. if youd care to email it
directly to me or drizzt we'd be happy to take a look.

> Grets
>
> Mythj

> Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira                  eduo@sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx
> Administrador de Internet                            Internet Administrator
> Proveedor de Servicio Internet                    Internet Service Provider
>                                 CIATEQ, A.C.
>  Centro de Investigacion y Asistencia Tecnica del Estado de Queretaro, A.C.
>                      http://sparc.ciateq.conacyt.mx/

Later,
                                                 ()
       King Clepto of WhatEver.                  ||
                                            (==========)
        Defender of the Realm.                   ||
/                                                                            \
\/|                                                                        |\/
  |       CCCCCCC   L         EEEEEEE   PPPPPP    TTTTTTT   OOOOOOO        |
  |       C         L         E         P     P      T      O     O        |
  |       C         L         EEE       P     P      T      O     O        |
  |       C         L         EEE       PPPPPP       T      O     O        |
  |       C         L         E         P            T      O     O        |
  |       CCCCCCC   LLLLLLL   EEEEEEE   P            T      OOOOOOO        |
      E-mail: clepto@onysd.wednet.edu            ||
    HomePage: http://164.116.34.2/~clepto/       \/
    WhatEver: telnet 164.116.34.2 3000
 UnHolyLands: telnet 164.116.34.2 4000