[Circle] Looking for help...

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/26/96

I am looking for a way to make the MUD itself send a player a MUD mail
.  I don't like the idea of the system sending out a send_to_char when
the assassin fails or succeeds as the player may be long gone, and I hate
sanity checks.  Also, I have other uses for it.

In addition, I am wondering if there is a way to have a board message that
is also written by the system when an action is taken.  For example,
whenever someone hires an assassin it is posted on a board that certain
people can read.  Also, I am considering a 'bounty' idea where you can
place a price on someone's head, and if that person is killed, then
whoever kills them gets the gold.  (only players, not mobs)

And finally, I am looking for a way to have a character deleted when they
are pkilled.  That way, assassinations will be more notable, as they MEAN
something.  I will probably have it so that assassinations by the
assassin mobs also delete the character, but I am still considering it.
Since you can only be pkilled in 2 cases (a> you are in poolitics of the
MUD woorld, or b> you are in a crime-ok room) there won't be too many
problems, and since mobs can't delete/kill, you can advance through
non-pkill means without feear.

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook