Re: [Circle] Assassin spec_proc....NEW VERSION! (woohoo!)

From: Steve (quickey@cyberverse.com)
Date: 07/28/96

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996, Ryan A.J. Biggs wrote:

> not.  Why?  Well, until I can figure out how to get the system to send
> mud-mail automatically, I do not want to have the sanity checks to see if
> the hiring player is even online.

Why not? The research in finding out how to make the sanity checks would
probably build character. Here's a hint. Store the player's IDNUM on the
mob. (add a new npc/pc variable for it, or overwrite an old value) At
time of message check to see if IDNUM is online... if so tell him... if
he's not, manually malloc() some memory, prepare a string (in the memory
you just malloced), place that string (with the arguments needed) into
the top of his Mail list & make sure the mail list writes to the data file.
Although seemingly tricky at first, most of the mailing part is ALL taken
care of in mail.c (Imagine My Surprize!) you should look there for the
most help.

Enjoy,
Steve
quickey@cyberverse.com