[Circle] TAR_CHAR_SIGHT

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/31/96

Ok, I am trying to make a very unique check, but I am not sure how to go
about it.  Using something similar to Strom's Lost Land code for looking
in specific directions, I want to be able to have the MUD check to see if
a character is within sight range of the character in all 6 directions.
For example, the character is in the temple square in midgaard and Marron
is in the dump.  Marron IS within sight of the character, and I want the
MUD to be able to return a positive value.  I have no idea how to start
this, as I am not that good with this kind of code.  This little bit
would be VERY useful for 2 reasons.  1> spells that can be cast at anyone
in line of sight.  2> Missile weapons DIRECTED at a target.  (currently,
they try to hit anyone in their path)  If I can get some help with this,
I would be most appreciative (and I would certainly post it here for all
to use)  I can send Strom's look code if you need to take a gander at it.

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook