[Circle] [Admin] Site Provision

MAALEXAN@am.pnu.com
Date: 11/07/96

Brian Williams writes:

well, I am having some disagreements with the owner of mud.penguin.net 4000
MUD.. so I'm gonna take the MUD and all my mods elsewhere.. :P if anyone
knows a t1+ site that wants to house it.. please email me..
*******

Is this a common problem?  I've got a general impression that some mud imps
on this mailing list don't actually have a site to run on at present.  Is
this a common practice?  It seems to me that it is rather risky to spend an
enormous amount of time to develop a really good game and then to have no
where to run it.

How is the issue of where to run the mud handled in general?  Ideally the
mud coder/develop should use his own site (renting one at his/her own
expense if necessary).  (I had to call a lot of providers to find one that
would let me run a mud on their system as an ordinary customer--but I found
one).

If the mud coder doesn't want to pay for his own site, then he/she would
have to use someone elses's.  Do people rely on the generosity of site
providers or do they give part "ownership" of the mud to the site host in
return for use of his/her site?