Re: [Circle] race dependant spells

From: Justin Robinson - Primacy (ruin@wired.uvm.edu)
Date: 11/10/96

Race dependent spells ->

on Ruin I rewrote the spell system quite a bit, to make it a
skill-based, instead of level-based, system.  So spells/skills are no
longer gained dependent on if you are high enough level...instead you
can use/practice a skill/spell if your ability in the skill/spell is
greater than 0.     This way, I can assign skills/spells to races at
startup - and they can use them.  The rest of the skills/spells are
taught to characters by guild masters or teachers.   You could put a
check in the guild master spec_proc to restrict certain spells to
specific races/classes.

Just a thought

Justin - Primacy
Ruin! Mud
ruin.org 4000
http://www.ruin.org/
| Justin Robinson                                               |
| VTel - Springfield Vermont                                    |
| Programmer/Technician/Analyst/Consultant                      |
| Online Resume: http://www.vermontel.com/~jmrobins/resume.html |
|        E-Mail: jmrobins@vermontel.com                         |
|      WWW-Page: http://www.vermontel.com/~jmrobins/            |
| Ruin! Mud - Primacy                                           |
| WWW-Page --------------> http://www.ruin.org/                 |
| Mud Address  ----------> ruin.org:4000                        |
| Implementors ----------> ruin@vermontel.com                   |