Re: [Circle] [Stock Code] Quick Explanation

From: Christopher M. Ryan (drizzt@visi.net)
Date: 11/15/96

> Now. 2 questions. What does this do AND do i need it. My guesses are -
> they FORCE add these objs/mobs to the mud and NO, delete those lines.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciative.
>
> Jussy from down down down under.
>
> ****  8<  cut here  >8  ******
> [from spec_assign.c]
> void assign_mobiles(void)
> {
>   SPECIAL(postmaster);
>   SPECIAL(cityguard);
>   SPECIAL(receptionist);
>   SPECIAL(cryogenicist);
>   SPECIAL(guild_guard);
>   SPECIAL(guild);
>   SPECIAL(puff);
>   SPECIAL(fido);
>   SPECIAL(janitor);
>   SPECIAL(mayor);
>   SPECIAL(snake);
>   SPECIAL(thief);
>   SPECIAL(magic_user);
	These SPECIAL commands assigns the special procs associted with mobs.
actually you can really thinkg of these function definitions similar to
ACMD() So you can leave these here just fine or if you don't use say the
snake spec proc you can gte rid of it and the associated code. (coders
descretion :)

>   void assign_kings_castle(void);
>
>   assign_kings_castle();
	These two are the declareation and  call for the mob assign of castle.c
and the castle world. if you aren't using this wld file comment out the
above two lines ir just delete them if don't plan on ever using it.

>   ASSIGNMOB(1, puff);
>
>   /* Immortal Zone */
>   ASSIGNMOB(1200, receptionist);
>   ASSIGNMOB(1201, postmaster);
>   ASSIGNMOB(1202, janitor);
>
>   /* Midgaard */
>   ASSIGNMOB(3005, receptionist);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3010, postmaster);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3020, guild);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3021, guild);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3022, guild);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3023, guild);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3024, guild_guard);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3025, guild_guard);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3026, guild_guard);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3027, guild_guard);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3059, cityguard);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3060, cityguard);
>   ASSIGNMOB(3061, janitor);
	These assign the special procs to the mobs themeselves Here is where you
want to change things. for example you have a receptionist as 1025 you want
to chagen ASSIGNMOB(3005, receptionist) to ASSIGNMOB(1025, receptionist).
>From you error i assume you got rid of midgard. What you need to do is to
relocate these mobs or create new ones to assign these procs too. This
doesn't mean you have to use them though. you can get rid of anyof the ones
you want.

> and it goes ON AND ON AND ON ....
	Hope this helps! Have fun! :)

Christopher M. Ryan