Re: [Circle] What are these numbers for?

From: Derek L. Karnes (dkarnes@mystech.com)
Date: 11/27/96

CircleMud Admin wrote:

> Ok, I'm adding spells to my mud, and the code will probably work, but
> what are these numbers for in spell_parser.c? The 30, 5, 4 don't make any
> sense to me.
>
> spello(SPELL_CREATE_FOOD, 30, 5, 4, POS_STANDING,
>         TAR_IGNORE, FALSE, MAG_CREATIONS);

If you look at the top of this function, it says:

" * maxmana :  The maximum mana this spell will take (i.e., the mana it
 * will take when the player first gets the spell).
 *
 * minmana :  The minimum mana this spell will take, no matter how high
 * level the caster is.
 *
 * manachng:  The change in mana for the spell from level to level.  This
 * number should be positive, but represents the reduction in mana cost as
 * the caster's level increases."

so 30 = maxmana, 5 = minmana, 4 = manachg

-D