escape code?

From: WarRat (warrat@erinet.com)
Date: 12/06/96

Finally got around to updating my olc, found this in just about every
display function.
Could someone tell me what it's supposed to do?  With the code there, It's
not displaying the next line, if I rem it out or add \r\n it displays correctly.

send_to_char("", d->character);

Don't know how it appears, have had problems copying it, seems VC++ doesn't
like the escape code.  A text based version is  ESC[H ESC[J.

Thanks for any help.

                            #  \O/
10,000 lemmings#    |
can't all be wrong#   / \