mobs responding to tells

From: Cyber Reaper (Reaper@cyber.reno.nv.us)
Date: 12/15/96

ok.. I need help with this one.. I have thought of every way I could to do
this and am WAY lost... here is the idea...

player enters a room... mob tells the player
"lets chat.. what you want to talk about? dragons? magic? imortals?"

the player types
"TELL GIRL DRAGONS"

the mob tells the player
"THE DRAGONS BLAA BLAA BLAA"

now.. I know it would be a if statment.. but I dont know how to get her to
respond
to tells.. =:( can anyone send me a short example spec_proc...

alos how do I get a spec proc to do the following AS SOON as a player enters
a room?

SAY "welcome to xxxxxxxxx"
give player map.
assign new loadroom to char.

I know how to do the above... but it seems that there is a short wait and I
dont want that... or else players can RUN though the room and not get the
loadroom reassigned...

or else... if a mob can set the load room to a char depending on witch dir
the exit...

IE: a newbie joins...  and picks one of 4 doors... droping him into a room
but as he exits say... south the mob assigns his LOADROOM to 1199 or
whatever... perhaps this would work better...

any ideas or examples would be a LOT of help...

Thank you...

Cyber Reaper