RE: Percentage chance for item loading

From: Mehdi Keddache (mk454@columbia.edu)
Date: 01/29/97

> Not on topic.. but why do you want to have percentage loading? It would
> seem to me that other (read "better") ways of limiting player's power
> could be achieved. As a player I always hated with a passsion the
> random loading of mob eq. on the muds I played.
>
> --Mallory

Do you have any suggestions on "other" ways of limiting player's access
to precious eq.
It doesn't sound like precious eq repoping every reboot is a better
alternative to object repop chances at zone reset because then you have
all  the higher level chars running for "The red loincloth" each time
the mud crashes and then try to sell it for outrageous prices. I am
curious to hear how other people have solved that problem.

Mehdi Keddache (Heritsun on Eclipse of Fate eclipse.argy.com 7777)