Re: [CODE] 2 odd things that haunt me..

From: Mark Dickey (mark@OKEEFE.BESTWEB.NET)
Date: 07/13/97

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Patrick J. Dughi wrote:

> > Howdy all!
> >
> > I've got two problems that have plagued me since day one...
> >
> > 1)  When a player quits or rents (quiting is ok on my mud) then returns
> > immediately from the main menu they end up back where they originally
> > entered the game rather than where they quit/rented.  I have replaced
> > almost every instance of save_char(ch, NOWHERE) with ch->in_room, but to
> > no avail... anybody else experience this?

<SNIP><SNIP>

> then grep for save_char(
> change them all to
> save_char(d->character, GET_LOADROOM(d->character));
> or
> save_char(ch, GET_LOADROOM(ch));

My question is why couldn't you use:

save_char(ch, ch->in_room);

So far I have done almost everything you have said, (replacing the code to
save the character where he left)  and I have found out that no matter how
a player leaves, it will get to "extract_char" at some point.  Is there
any reasom not just to take the "extract_char" use of "save_char" and have
it save in "ch->in_room"

Thanks for your time.

Mark Dickey
mark@bestweb.net