Re: Dynamic Zones

From: Gary Barnett (gbarnett@POLARNET.COM)
Date: 07/14/97

On Monday, July 14, 1997 1:06 PM, Jay [SMTP:maxgain@MICHWEB.NET] wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm curious about whether anyone has ever tried anything with
> dynamic or moving zones... such as a pirate ship which sails
> the seas and moves like a wandering mob, but u can also
> board and explore it.
> I realize this would take hella coding, but I'm pretty much a newbie
> when it comes to C, so I figured I'd ask here.

It's all smoke and mirrors.

Make your pirate ship in a zone, then just modify the exits/entrances to
simulate movement. If you have windows you'll have to update those
pointers to make sure they look out at the right rooms.

--Mallory

"Never worry about the bullet with your name on it. Instead, worry about
shrapnel addressed to 'occupant.'" --Murphy