Re: Dynamic Zones

From: David Klasinc (bigwhale@CAPYBARA.SK-PTTSC.LJ.EDUS.SI)
Date: 07/15/97

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997, Jay wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm curious about whether anyone has ever tried anything with
> dynamic or moving zones... such as a pirate ship which sails
> the seas and moves like a wandering mob, but u can also
> board and explore it.
> I realize this would take hella coding, but I'm pretty much a newbie
> when it comes to C, so I figured I'd ask here.

How about like this:

 You create a zone which is called ocean.
 You create a zone which is called Pirate Ship.
 You create a mob which is called Pirate ship.
 You write a special for a mob that reacts on "board" "enter" and such...
 And all that it does that teleports you on the pirate ship... Then you
 make a special on the pirate ship zone that will teleport you back to the
 ocean... And that's it....
 All you have to do is then to make mob move around the sea...
 And there you have nifty ship floating around... ;>

David!