Re: [Code] [Newbie] help with GDB

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/15/97

On Tue, 15 Jul 1997, Gone Crazy wrote:

>1. crashes on medit when you try to save.
>2. crashes when you make an alias and then save.
>3. when you quit it doesn't save eq it just falls to the ground.

They all sound disk-related to me.

>Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>#0  0xef6ab3d8 in fprintf ()

I hate when it does that...but it's better than nothing.  Basically your
program crashed trying to do an fprintf().  Look for one in your save
routine and see if what it's trying to do.  You might have a NULL file
descriptor if you haven't checked it previously.

>Can anyone help me out with this it's driving me crazy as if I wasn't
>allready there.  Also are there any good FAQ's about gdb out there I
>tried to find one without any success.

CircleMUD FAQ, Section 4.11, try it, I've heard it's great, ask Alex.

-George