Re: [Admin] Address Change Note...

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/16/97

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Alex wrote:

>Please note that any reference to 'cspo.queensu.ca' you have should be
>changed to 'democracy.queensu.ca'.  The machine's name has been changed.
>Also, if you have any aliases pointing to 'circle@cspo.queensu.ca', please
>ensure that you change them *NOW* to 'circle@post.queensu.ca'.

Computer Science Post Office I assumed was the old name.  The new one makes
less sense. :)  I think the lib/text/imotd file in the CircleMUD
distribution needs to be updated so it doesn't point to pvv.unit.no too.

I'm just about done with an OpenVMS 6.2 port of CircleMUD.  The only
problem I have left is with the select() call of the MultiNet library
returning no such file or directory.  Anyone have experience in that
particular library? (It's basically UNIX sockets for VMS)

-George

PS - If you're asking why, it's because that is the only non-Linux machine
        around Miami besides VM/CMS.