Re: [IDEA]Artifacts

From: Patrick J. Dughi (dughi@IMAXX.NET)
Date: 07/16/97

> > >         One of my builders gave me an idea for a few things one is
> > > artifacts or weapons that when wielded and say your fighting and your
> > > artifact weapon is the sword of flames that sword would cast like
> > > fireball but wouldn't cost the wielder and mana.
> > >
> > >         The other idea is for a spell fireshield when cast and durring a
> > > fight the fireshield would cat fireball or some other firespell but cost
> > > no mana to the person who the shield was cast on.
> > >
> > > Thanx,
> > > Demond
> > >

> OK, here it is.
>
> in perform_violence (fight.c) add:
> if (GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_WIELD) != NULL) {
>           obj = GET_EQ(ch, WEAR_WIELD);
>        if (obj_index[GET_OBJ_RNUM(obj)].func != NULL)
>           (obj_index[GET_OBJ_RNUM(obj)].func) (ch, ch, 0,"");
>   }
>
> That will call the spec_procs you have written.
> the spec_proc may go something like this.
>
> SPECIAL(sword_fire)
> {
>   struct char_data *vict;
>   struct obj_data *obj;
>
>  if ( cmd )
>   return ( FALSE );
>  if ( !ch )
>   return ( FALSE );
>  if ( ch->equipment[ WEAR_WIELD ]->item_number == real_object( # ) )
>                                              replace with vnum ^
>   obj = GET_EQ( WEAR_WIELD );
>  else
>   return ( FALSE);
>
>  vict = FIGHTING( ch );
>
>  if ( !vict )
>   return ( FALSE );
>
>  /* here is where the spec comes in */
>
>  if (number(0, 2) == 2) {
>  act("Your $p glows as it spits out flames!!", TRUE, ch, obj, 0,
> TO_CHAR);
>  act("$n's $p glows as it spits out flames!!", TRUE, ch, obj, 0,
> TO_ROOM);
>   call_magic(ch, FIGHTING(ch), 0, SPELL_FIREBALL, GET_LEVEL(ch),
> CAST_SPELL);
>   return ( TRUE );
>  }
> else
> return ( FALSE );
> }
>
> This is mailer code, although I think it should work.
> As far as fireshield is concerned, put a call in hit() to check if the
> victim is affected and then take off the damage, rather than going thru
> the spell process

        There's is a weapon +spell snippet on the snippet site..
It only needs some modification - to allow say, spells to be targeted
based on type (ie, wouldn't want something like protective spells to be
shot off at the enemy/target...)

        I already made poison daggers, and vampiric swords, cursing maces,
lightning swords.. etc...

                                                        PjD