Re: [NEWBIE] [CODE] Metro and Oasis OLC

From: George (greerga@MIAVX1.ACS.MUOHIO.EDU)
Date: 07/24/97

On Thu, 24 Jul 1997, Alex wrote:

>>      check out the ftp site, at www.circlemud.org or maybe it is on
>>      the snippets site... (anyway these two spots can be merged?)
>>
>No.  Not really.  I find it *much* easier to update something on a
>machine that is essentially on my desk than to try and work through
>the lag to Jeremy's machine.  So there.  Nyah.  (=

Just have Jeremy's machine mirror your web page.  I have dragon mirror my
patches web page from bacon every night.  It only grabs what I've changed
or added and runs through crontab.  Forgot where I got it, but I have a
package in perl that works nicely. (Use it for CircleMUD site also)
Supports on-the-fly coversion from .Z to .gz and other things.

-George

PS Ran out of space on the VAX and PINE crashed so I don't know if this
response got sent so here it is again :P