Real DB for Circlemud..

From: tigeba (tigeba@SPRINTMAIL.COM)
Date: 07/29/97

Here is an idea i have been mulling over for a week or so..

Instead of reinventing the wheel (db.c) and creating an entire database
engine
to handle all your mud information, how about just store everything
in a real db like Postgres or similar.  Stick your all your data in
there
Platyers, objects, world files.  Retrieval would be a heck of a lot
easier than
reading ascii files that you make..  Also with all of the database tools
available, you could suppliment OLC with HTML based world editing that
would
talk directly to the DB (Tools to create this stuff are abundant and
easy to
use..)  I'm thinking about taking a week or so and converting my pfile
system to use a database as sort of a test run and will let you all know
if
it works.  Anyway, please make up some pro/cons for me in case i have
not
considered something......

Tigeba