Re: [bug]Object file saving

From: Andy Hubbard (hub@LEICESTER.AC.UK)
Date: 08/11/97

>  I seem to have developed a bug in how objects are saved.

> What's happening is that the .obj files are not saved anymore with
> the players name.

Well, I seemed to have solved this one, *gasp*

It is infact a bug in the buffer patch v0.9.

In get_filename the part like this ..

+  release_buffer(name);
   sprintf(filename, "%s/%s/%s.%s", prefix, middle, name, suffix);
   return 1;
 }

seems to clear the 'name' part of the filename before it is written!
Resulting in a blank object file, and later I discover blank.alias
files!  .. makes sense!

Just release the buffer AFTER the sprintf and all is OK again!

ie.

   sprintf(filename, "%s/%s/%s.%s", prefix, middle, name, suffix);
+  release_buffer(name);
   return 1;
 }

I've just checked v1.0 of the patch and it is the same ... so I hope
George sees this!

Andy

ps. this patch rox and solved my malloc errors .. thanx George!