Re: [NEWBIE] Double BackStab

From: Sammy (samedi@DHC.NET)
Date: 08/21/97

On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Jason wrote:

> Sorry if there is already some code on the snippets page or on the ftp
> server, I looked and didn't see any examples.
>
> What I want to do is (of course) add a doulbe backstab skill for
> assassins.  Do I need to copy the existing backstab code and modify to use
> the held weapon or would it be better to just modify backstab itself and
> have it check for the skill backstab and do the additional bacstab itself.
> Things I want to make sure work is that the backstab using the held weapon
> can occur even if you aren't successfull with your primary back.  I also
> want it to get the multipliers and etc.  Any help will be greatly
> appreciated.

I wrote something similar to what you want to do.  All I did was put an
extra skill check in do_backstab that first made sure the item they were
holding is a pointed weapon, then if they passed the double bs skill check
would do normal bs table damage * 1.5.  You also need to make it possible
for thieves to hold any pointed weapon (or make all of them TAKE WIELD
HOLD).

Sam