An idea for my mud

From: Nathan Ridley (legendd@CYBERELECTRIC.NET.AU)
Date: 11/04/97

 A major idea I am going to be implementing in my mud is a sea-travel
system. The world consists of three major continents, and when a new player
begins, they will be able to select which one they begin on. I want to
implement a way for players to pay for passage on a ship (or buy their own)
and then the ship slowly travel over the sea until it reaches its
destination. I was thinking of using some sort of coordinate system, so
that players could go anywhere in the sea (for e.g. to specific islands).
Anyways, the point of this message is to ask what you all think of the
idea, and perhaps get some ideas on implementation. Anything would be
helpful at this stage :)

Nathan Ridley (aka Druik)