Re: An idea for my mud

From: Benjamin Draper (satrycus@DRACHENBURG.DEMON.CO.UK)
Date: 11/04/97

I've seen a number of patches and snippets concerning travel, but I
think the nearest
thing to your plans is train.c (I think it's on the ftp site???). You
can configure
the time the train, or ship in this case, takes to arrive at it's
destination. Another
patch is vehicles.c (not sure where I found this one), which is okay, as
it allows
players to control their own vehicles, and the vehicle is resident in
the MUD as an
object unlike trains.c. Players can stop their vehicle and get off to
explore nearby
areas, etc.
  Depending on what you want either of these two bits of code should be
useful.

BEN