Re: Question regarding NPC Positions

From: Ryan Gasper or Steven Arnold (dalamar@CYBERCOM.NET)
Date: 12/04/97

> Ick. Flying and swimming should be handled through AFF_XXX flags

        No, not really, they are positions and should be treated as such.

> but it's your code, so.....  Question: If someone is flying and mortally
> wounded on your mud, what POS_XXX are they at? Hmmm.. Think about it.
>
> Check out stop_fighting() (not sure what file). Make a check in that
> routine that checks to see if the person is a mob and underwater and has
> a default pos of POS_SWIMMING. If all of that is true, then set their pos
> to POS_SWIMMING. If all of that is not true, leave their position alone.

        I *think* I know where to place it, probably in update_pos, but
not totally sure if it works for NPCs also.

         /|"You will never see me cause    \/------------------\/|\
          | I'm always alone" -Ministry      dalamar@cybercom.net|
          |"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to   |
        _\|_time_with_the_blood_of_patriots_and_tyrants"_-ThomasJ|/_