Re: Question

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 12/17/97

On Thu, 18 Dec 1997, Mike Schlagenhauf wrote:

> CON_QFREELANCER into structs.h, got all that done.  What happens is, a new
> player logs in, is asked name, pw, then gender, they put in m/f, then you
> have to press enter a second time after putting in m/f to get a message
> stating the freelance system to come up, then everything is normal.  For
> the life of me, I can't figure out what is requiring that second enter?

Immediately after playing with their input for sex, you need to give them
a prompt for the next section. Like so:

  case CON_QSEX:                /* query sex of new user         */
    switch (*arg) {
        /* Play with args in here */
    }
    SEND_TO_Q(class_menu, d);           /* missing? */
    SEND_TO_Q("\r\nClass: ", d);        /* missing? */
    STATE(d) = CON_QCLASS;
    break;

From the sounds of things you are missing the lines labelled "missing?"

> 2nd:  Put in a manual gaining system that basically uses a flag once the
> player has a "credit" with which to gain.  The thing that's getting me
> here is that when they player gets to the max xp for their level (2000 to
> get to level 2), their xp ends up going past that, to like 2006 or beyond.

Sounds to me like you want someone to _not_ gain xp when they are ready
to level. Add a check in gain_exp() (limits.c) of something like this at
the top of the function:

if (ready_to_level)
  return;

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>
http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

Duct tape is like the force.
It has a light side, a dark side and it binds the universe together.