Re: [System] Win95 and Metrowerks CodeWarrior 2 Prof.

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 12/20/97

On 12/20/97 7:08 PM, Trey B. Shewmake (yert@MAD.SCIENTIST.COM) stated:

>Maybe some of you guys can help me with this one - I recently acquired a
>coding suite called Metrowerks CodeWarrior 2 Professional (for Win95 and
>MacOS) - no problem with plain vanilla programs compiling, but circle,
>on the other hand...

Yes, I use CodeWarrior for development of my MUD, yet run it on a Linux
system.  It works with Circle beautifully.

>Attempting to compile Circle 3.0 beta, patch level 12, on Win95 with
>CodeWarrior 2 Pro
>Error:
>
>Error   : macro 'FD_SETSIZE' redefined
>sysdep.h line 256   #define FD_SETSIZE 1024

Just change it to:

#ifndef FD_SETSIZE
#define FD_SETSIZE 1024
#endif

>And lots of these:
>
>Warning : function has no prototype
>act.comm.c line 29   {

Just edit your project preferences, C/C++ settings, uncheck "require
function prototypes".  Best to keep it on tho and just add the prototypes
yourself, since otherwise GCC will whine at you if you compile it on a
Linux system.

>Any simple solutions? Or even moderately difficult ones? I'd prefer to
>just dump it all and install linux, but certain spouses don't wanna
>learn it...and, unfortunately, the machine's half hers.  ARgh.  :)

Keep codewarrior, it is excellent!