Disconnect = CRASH?

From: Jeff Almeida (jalmeida@IX.NETCOM.COM)
Date: 12/29/97

Well, I took the plunge to try and rid my self proclaimed title of NEWBIE
mud coder and wrote an IEDIT command.  This works (due to lots of cut and
paste) the same way the other OLC commands do.  You get a menu with lots of
options and so forth.  (In short, the IEDIT command allows your to edit and
creat inns with lots of different features.  This was done to allow PLAYERS
to actually OWN the INN and run it with thier own rules.   You can select
the Name, fee, item fees or not, in house credit, select the innkeeper, pay
the innkeeper, pay for the room cleanings, monitor profits and losses (this
piece is not done yet), but anyway, you get the point.)

Why am I telling you this.  Due to my lack of solid understanding of
everything in the OLC code, I have created a BUG!  (Next, I will try and
create animals.)  Whenever someone disconnects while in IEDIT, the next
person to disconnect from the MUD will lock it up.  This does NOT happen in
IEDIT, and I remember seeing something somewhere that referred to this --
but i dont remember where.  Can anyone give me a lead as to where to look
in the code (please dont respond telling me to look in medit, oedit, sedit,
etc.  That would not help.)  I am looking for a function name or something
I can see how it works.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Jeff Almeida
(Delst of Sugilite)