Item Attachments

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@ATHENET.NET)
Date: 01/14/98

Has anyone here done Item Attachments?  By this, I mean attaching special
items to other items to enhance it.  Like attaching a gem to a sword or
staff, or a scope to a rifle.  Im working on the theory that the
attachment is removable (a value can be set to make it not removable),
and that the parent object inherits the "additional" traits of the object
itself.

Right now Im using obj_to/obj_from to control the attachment/detachment
of objects, by simply checking at the end if one is the attachment and
the other is an attachable object.

If someone else has done something similiar, let me know!  Im curious as
to how you went about it (more on the aspect of what values control what,
rather than the code itself).

- Chris Jacobson