Re: parse error

From: John Evans (evansj@HI-LINE.NET)
Date: 01/16/98

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Davidson, Christopher M wrote:

> This is more or less a question for a coder, but it goes like this.
> I've just tried to compile circle beta 12 under Slackware Linux 3.4.0
> and I'm getting a parse error before 'restrict' in main.

A copy of the output from 'make' and the problem code would be helpful.
If George gets his crystal ball from the shop or Daniel puts his psychic
abilities to work, we won't be able to give you a solution to the problem.

> >From what I have been reading, parse error's or more or less just
> incorrect formatting of some source code, like a missing bracket or a
> misplaced coma or something.  Please help.

You're right. Parse errors usually inlude missing or extra:

John Evans <evansj@hi-line.net>  --  http://www.hi-line.net/~evansj/

--Arthur C. Clarke