Re: [kind of off-topic]

From: Jesper Andersen (knight@STOFANET.DK)
Date: 01/18/98

Hmm .. Im running Windows too. I run Win98 build 1633, and I myst say its a
tad more stable than the previus version. I have 32mb memory and I havnt any
problems with either memory or crashes that will follow. I test a lot of
areas and have in avarage 5000-10000 rooms plus mobs and obj.
You have 3 options in IMHO.
1. Get WinNT as I have. Use that as server(My Win98 is for testing). It
handles both memory and sharing better plus you get a option more. SECURITY!
Win95-98 SUCKS at that. WinNT is better, not much .. but better.
2. I have a feeling that you has a lot of open programs running together
with your Mud. Dont do that. Allthough Microsoft claim that Windows is a
multitasking system it cant handle you opening a lot of programs(a lot means
over 2-3 depending on size). And it dosnt free up the memory these programs
reserve, which means it cant run over a long period of time without crash.
3. If your drive is filled with all sort of crap. Delete some of it. Let
Windows have its space for its virtual drive. In avarage you should have
200mb free on your drive(I know it sounds like a lot, but its true!)

/Zekam
 "A virus is defined by a program there corrupt your compouter and have no
functional use(Windows??)"