Re: SPCC & Guild of Implementors

From: ;P (siv@CYBERENET.NET)
Date: 01/18/98

> is a great idea.  As to code, well, that is subjective, but generally, an
> experienced coder can spot a large amount of original code within 5-10
> minutes of logging on.  If anything, I would recommend having a 'panel of

i would have to disagree with this..would anyone, even an experienced
coder, so easily be able to try out new races, classes, skills and
everything that is offered with them..especially considering that the
more interesting and powerful stuff is usually encountered after that
player has gained quite a few levels...also, as an example, a very high
percentage of my code work went into things that mortals will never see,
like OLC, events, immortal utilities, etc..

i'm not disagreeing with the fact that original MUDs are better (or at
least more interesting for a short while), but to say that people who
don't change every aspect of the MUD interface MUST have stock code is a
little presumptious..

siv