Re: Console I/O

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/27/98

On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Mauve wrote:

>services to help change it around and expand it, etc. One of the problems,
>though, is that the console scrolls whenever a new message comes up, as you

Personally, I think if the console didn't update when something came
through, you'd have a much bigger problem.  Imagine being attacked but you
don't notice because you're typing a 'tell' to someone else.

>know. This is irritating at the very least, especially if you mistype a
>command or something and you can't backspace it out. Now, not having much
>knowledge of network-based coding, I wondered if you know if it's possible
>at all. Whether I can do it is a different matter entirely. The alternative
>approach might be a client-side program which could be coded by a lot of

Tintin++, TinyFugue, zMUD, etc have an option to split user input and MUD
output into two different regions of the screen.  Under tt++ you type
#split <number of lines for MUD>.  That probably more what you want than
trying to change the MUD server.