Re: buffer overflow

From: George (greerga@CIRCLEMUD.ORG)
Date: 01/31/98

On Sat, 31 Jan 1998, Michael J. Fara wrote:

>Anyone have a problem where if you execute certain commands that increase
>the buffer size you get an overflow? For example:
[...]
>It would seem the buffer size then increases unreasonably high. I know EBAS
>might get rid of this but I have trouble running it on my system, and the
>server often crashes with it installed. Does anyone have any
>recommendations?

You've sent over 12k of data (the LARGE_BUFSIZE variable) and the buffer
size does not increase afterward. It can't, it's a #define.  Don't know why
EBAS wouldn't work, unless you're trying one of the versions where I tried
to change every single buffer array in CircleMUD, I think I did a few
wrong.