Check out this in game_loop

From: Angus Mezick (angus@EDGIL.CCMAIL.COMPUSERVE.COM)
Date: 02/02/98

     I think this error is in the latest patch level.

     in the for(loop through descriptors)

     you need to change this:

            if(!get_from_q(&d->input, comm, &aliased))
               continue;
            d->has_prompt = 0;
            d->wait = 1;

     to this:

            d->wait = 1;
            if(!get_from_q(&d->input, comm, &aliased))
               continue;
            d->has_prompt = 0;

     As it stands now, the wait state just keeps going negative until
     someone enters a command.  Doesn't sound like that good of an idea to
     me.

     Found this while trying to remove the wait_state from a player when
     they kill something.  I am doing this so that a person that hacks the
     head off a mob in one blow doesn't have to stare at the screen for
     10-15 seconds before they can do things again.

     --Angus