Re: [HELP] DG Scripts - Command Triggers

From: Doppleganger Software (doppsoft@TZC.COM)
Date: 03/11/98

>Is the immortal invisible?  Many parts of scripts tend to ignore immortals,
>especially invisible.  This is intentional, so lower level gods can't create
>scripts to track higher level ones or otherwise do something that shouldn't
>be possible at their level.

The way I changed this is to have it so that it will find the character
via CHAR_UID all the time (invis or not) and then deal with visibility
only on names.  That way, a player can't be tracked by name, only by
UID_CHAR.  And more than likely, UID_CHAR can't be just randomly
obtained, it will be obtained as part of some script.  For example, I
have a security system that stops you from typing any offensive command
(I totally hacked the command_trigger to accept multiple commands in the
argument) it zaps you.  It doesn't matter if you are invis or not, it
zaps you.  (my own personal veriation of the peaceful room flag that
gives everyone a jolt to start their day ;)

"One hundred years from now, none of this will matter because you and I
will be dead -- unless the Grim Reaper has switched his record-keeping to
a Windows 95-based system, in which case we all might live forever. "
-- Associated Press